Terms related to direct and CRM are often mistakenly interchanged. Here's a short primer on the subject:
- Direct response: paid marcom messages that contain response mechanisms.
- Direct mail: marcom messages sent via mail to customers.
- DRTV: direct response messages sent via broadcast, satellite or cable TV.
- Database management: building and managing a body of information about individuals and groups.
- Direct marketing: eliciting sales directly from the end consumer.
- E-commerce: online sales.